RSS Feed for This PostCurrent Article

A Great Time of Year to Train in HK

Running HomeWhilst a few colleagues have bemoaned the run of cold weather that Hong Kong has been enduring of late, one really can’t knock this weather for training. I was very envious of the Standard Charted Marathoners this morning who surely had a day that was 1000% better than last year. It was clear and cold and dry at around 12 degrees celcius most of the way. A whole lot better than the wet, sticky 23 and 95% humidity we had last year.

I gave the event a wide berth this year as I did not enjoy it at all last year. I preferred instead to do the fantastic Dai Laam although there were only 3 of us taking part this morning. This event is a fantastic 100k circuit around the Kowloon Peninsula which takes in just about every aspect of Hong Kong that it is possible to take in. This is a highlight that I will sadly miss when we are forced to move out of our Kowloon Tong apartment in another month.

I am certain some great rides on the island will follow but I shall sorely miss the Dai Laam.

Trackback URL

5 Responses to “A Great Time of Year to Train in HK”

1.   By Joe Dawson on Feb 28, 2008 | Reply

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the very interesting and useful Workshop this morning.

Never heard of the Dai Laam – but it sounds like torture…

Joe

2.   By Freda on Feb 28, 2008 | Reply

One of my friend, he won the race of 10 km by 33 mins. How about you. What’s your record?

3.   By Patti on Feb 28, 2008 | Reply

I have never heard of the Dai Laam 100k around the Kowloon Peninsula. I’ll have to look into that.

4.   By xpatasia on Mar 3, 2008 | Reply

Joe,
    The Dai Laam is not for the faint of heart! It is a hard ride at a good pace. I love it!
    Paul

5.   By xpatasia on Mar 3, 2008 | Reply

Freda,
    Your friend is very, very fit! My best 10k time is around 35 mins but that was a long time ago!
    Paul

Post a Comment